27/10/2013

Studio Brief 3 - A Day in the Life


I have been thinking about trying to incorporate photography into my work in order to create digital collages. I think it is important that I start to use Photoshop in the same way I use paper and scissors, making use of the layers as I do with analog techniques. I have been looking at the texture of minced beef and how it could be used to resemble a cross diagram of the brain. By altering the lightness and darkness I have also been able to create contrasting imagery whilst maintaining a 2 colour palette. Now I can see how this could be applied to my initial drawings I am unsure about the overall aesthetic quality in relation to my text but will definitely come back to working like this. I think a busier and more erratic aesthetic is needed to try and communicate chaos and disorder within the brain, I will need to make use of more organic and textural materials to layer up this 'chaos' onto paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment