16/10/2013

Studio Brief 1 - Your Initial Brief - Dead Hamster

Developing a final outcome

After a group crit I have realised that I have not fully explored my ideas to their full potential. I thought it would be best to focus on my strongest concept and to rethink my approach towards it. I have looked further into what we associate with death and what it means for the people left behind, and have concluded that I need to communicate sadness and loss more clearly within the finished piece.

 I have been experimenting with line work that flows into one organic shape, I want it to appear as though the dead animal and the person are connected in one solid form. Whilst making these initial drawings I have been trying to visualize a clear message that states the rodent is dead, there needs to be a line bisecting the torso or something signify this. The person's tears could guide the audiences eyes towards this?



No comments:

Post a Comment