04/10/2013

Summer 10 - Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta




Today I completed my final A2 poster illustrating 10 balloons from the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. After speaking with Matt about my composition and shapes within my work I decided to create one image made up of separate element instead of the grid layout I had been playing with. This brief has made me think a lot about adapting work in order for it to be scaled up. I found that it was hard for me to find a good balance between the smaller detailed parts of the image and how all of the elements sat in the dimensions I was working within. Over doing the amount of detail within the picture can sometimes detract from what you are trying to convey. I don't feel that this piece is particularly successful, I think I needed to think longer about the composition of the individual balloons and how they all worked together when scaled up to A2. Something about it feels a little off balance.

Looking around the room at other people's work has made me think more about simplicity and how effective just a few elements can be when combined. I would like to try and simplify my process of making and see what I could do when given just one colour or choice of media to work with, since up until this point I feel like I often over complicate things.

No comments:

Post a Comment