04/10/2013

New Summer 10 Brief










We have been asked to expand upon one of our summer illustrations and create an A2 poster displaying 10 new illustrations surrounding the chosen theme. I am fascinated by hot air balloons and the idea of travelling in one just for the 'joy of the journey' and not to specifically use it as a means of transport, it seems as if they exist purely for the excitement. The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the biggest hot air balloon festival in the world and it is taking place right now at the beginning of October. There are some amazing designs and I am aiming to recreate my favourite balloons.

I have been experimenting with line work to create a sense of intricacy and precision, but I feel like my work using brusho ink and paint is more in keeping with the subject matter. The softer aesthetic that paint and collage gives the drawings is more true to the physics and look and feel of the balloons. I am really enjoying playing around with different papers to create 'floating adverts', similar to real life hot air balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment