03/10/2013

Summer 10 x 10 x 10


This is my series of illustrations describing my summer for the 10 x 10 x 10 brief. I don't think my summer was very interesting and this actually helped me a lot in trying to create pieces of work which explored different creative processes in order to become 'pictures'. Although the brief said to keep it simple I felt the need to somehow add depth to each piece with an underlying theme, aiming to transform the mundane into something interesting. I really liked being able to look at everyone else's work in detail and the range of techniques and individual ways of working has really opened my eyes. I am pleased with the feedback I received, the "abstract purpose" in my work was highlighted and one note said it was engaging. The series of images as a whole could still do with some tweaking, I think I could further explore the composition and overall balance of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment