15/10/2013

Photoshop Induction - Session 1


Scanning and Tidying Up

After speaking to Matt and having a Photoshop induction I am excited to start learning how to enhance my work digitally and making use of layers to build an image up in the same way I do by hand. I would like to scan in bits of paper or surfaces that I find interesting and create more polished pieces of work.  I was shown the basics in how to tidy up a scanned image using tools such as the healing brush and the patch tool to get rid of unwanted marks. I was also shown how to correct the levels of an image in order to restore the whites and the blacks from the original as well the importance of dpi and ppi for hi-resolution images.



Perspective and Lighting

Next we went over how to correct a badly photographed image by altering the perspective and proportions. Whilst doing this I noticed the importance of light and how it can affect the colours of a photo. The photo of the poster was taken indoors which resulted in a slight yellow tinge and the whites appearing grey. We had to crop down the image once the perspective had been fixed and were shown how to make sure a final image fits into a a specific measurement e.g. A4. 



No comments:

Post a Comment