22/10/2013

Photoshop Induction - Session 2

Layering

Today we looked at using layers and the masque tool to add colour and texture to our illustrations. I don't usually work in this way and am finding it difficult to translate my ideas onto the computer screen. I think this way of working is good for enhancing my hand drawn work, but I still need to spend a lot of time working things out and not just settling for a sub-par image that was easier to make. In this illustration I tried to use images of sand and layer them behind areas like the hands, I am unsure about using textures in this way and think I prefer my own analog methods. I don't want my work to become too digitalised, the aesthetic I am aiming for is more hand made which I think brings a greater sense of personality to my work.



No comments:

Post a Comment