20/01/2014

Test Printing CMYK

Paper & Colour Quality

I have been testing out how my work looks printed on different types of paper, I have noticed there is a quite a noticeable difference/variation in how colours are represented on screen and on paper. I didn't realise until recently that you can colour proof in photoshop before printing. On some papers the colours appear warmer and others they appear cold and washed out. cartridge paper is quite nice to print on but makes the colours appear less vibrant. I want them to be really striking, I am hoping the professional printing facilities will give me this quality.




I really liked this piece of work on screen but after printing I realised the blues I was using are not completely replicated when printing with cmyk. It is a shame the transparent qualities displayed digitally do not show up quite as well on paper.






Because the transparency of my photoshop layers doesn't show too well on regular paper I tried printing onto tracing paper, almost like taking an idividua layer out of photoshop. It kind of works when layered over other work but it need a light source to really work aesthetically. This method could be implemented in a book with lots of paper layers that you have to peel back to see a image.


No comments:

Post a Comment