24/01/2014

Final Crit


During a peer assessment crit I was told that the research and work in my book integrated well and my note taking seemed to form part of the imagery. I am unsure as whether this is good or, sometimes it distracts from the actual research and stops me doing more. Speaking to Emanuel about problem solving made me realise the problem solving I do that he had picked up on. I have never really looked too far into the process in which i make pictures but in hindsight a lot of the images I constructed for this project were done so as solutions to problems I had created. For example I don't intentionally mean to put masking tape over some stuff to just look nice, but often I made a mistake and need to cover it up. My drawings usually start off on the wrong foot and I have to somehow fix them as I go along. This process is part of the reason I have noticed my slow pace of work during the project.



I am very pleased with the finished book and the quality of the print, it really shows of the colours I was able to overlay digitally.


It was written down on my sheet during a group session that my final book has a lack of message, which is something I completely agree with. I am annoyed at my self for not working hard enough to try and make a narrative work within my book and for some reason hoped nice imagery would carry it instead. But I am starting to notice the  importance of message in a series of images, I am kind of asking myself why I made the book. What if someone else wanted to look at it? I suppose it wouldn't mean anything? I went against a lot the notes given in my crit sessions telling me to focus on the story line of the book. I think this 'book of art' I've made doesn't really meet the project's criteria. I mixed sad and happy imagery in a non logical order which confuses the audience. A lot of my journey up to this point is quite unorganised... poorly managed?

No comments:

Post a Comment