14/01/2014

Layout & Format



I initially thought about making concertina book which would allow me to create one long continuous image that could be folded up neatly. There would then be a light beam running through the pages that illuminates the dark blues to oranges and yellows - could highlight details that show there is happiness in the light and sadness in the dark - e.g. a face could look sad but the mouth would be smiling if caught by the beam of light.


I have changed my mind and now want to create a book that makes use of a saddle stitch and double sided printing, I am finding it hard to create a narrative that runs throughout the book seamlessly and makes sense. An alternative method could be making a series of images that are related in terms of style and process, but they do not necessarily have to flow and read like a story. I am thinking about creating a collection of drawings of Rjukan, using digital elements to tie everything together. I am planning to edit these drawings with Photoshop but am unsure of the exact changes I will make.


Because the drawings I have done so far are in my book (I like the paper) and not on separate sheets, the format of my final resolutions will be affected. I don't see this as a major problem right now, since I was aiming for almost A5 format anyway. I will try and use the clone tool to get rid of the rounded corners and any marks from the breaks in pages etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment