18/01/2014

Palefroi/Faye Moorhouse

Danish art collective - Palefroi

I really love their test screen prints made up of layers and layers on different colours and textures, I am hoping to use this work as inspiration when working digitally over my analog drawings. The overlapping creates new tones of colour and really adds depth to the prints. I like the contrast between the straight and curved edges, which must be a result of printing over and over with different screens onto the same paper. There are added bits of texture and flat areas of colour that complement each other and bring the work to life, this is something I should consider when trying to highlight areas of light and dark.


Faye Moorhouse - Midnight Gatherings

There is an eery quality I like to these drawings, the shapes and bleakness really communicate sadness and almost something sinister. The layering and cut lines between objects in the foreground and background gives the characters movement and emotion. Refined pieces of work.

3

5

Some of the emelents in this remind me of this drawing - fading - contrast between light and dark tones


Sac Magique - gradients and textures

8

really nice gradiation between colours and textures - rough vs smooth - dark into light - fade - block vs line work - accent colours - type - yellows and blues are nice together

No comments:

Post a Comment