26/01/2014

Adapting my book - narrative

After my crit and feedback I got regarding the lack of purpose I have decided to adapt my book and us what I have to create some kind of narrative. I have had a limited amount of time but have been able to include a short story that speaks about the sad town Rjukan becoming happy again with the installation of the mirrors on the valley side. There is a clearer divide between happy and sad atmospheres - kind of links in with my visual journalist observations - environments affecting our mood.

I am much more pleased with this solution, but am annoyed it took me until the final crit to realise the mistake I made in trying to create a book of pictures that had no real flow or story line. 



I had to create a new starting page, this one communicates the sadness of the town in shade quite literally. I wanted the colours and composition to contrast with the rest of the book - when printed it will hopefully show the faces disappearing into darkness, now I know the printer will over saturate my work.



Rerarranging a few pages, for example "We are sad because we live in darkness" allows me to split the book into a sad half and a happy half, rather than the confusing mix I had before.



Trying to be factual - haven't given the whole story in summary to the reader as I did on first page of previous book




I think the bursts of colour in the final two images really end the book on a happy note - in stark contrast to dark first page


Ending with a smile - logical

No comments:

Post a Comment