12/01/2014

Concertina?

Unifying drawing styles
  • Suggested in crit that I somehow unify my drawing style to create a proper series of illustrations
  • One solution could be to overlay drawings with one continuous light beam - highlighting a section of the town - crowds of people - faces - contrast between colours & light/dark
  • I am finding it hard to stick to one style of drawing - don't want to limit myself, still want to experiment - not sure if this idea will definitely work now that I have tried to visualise it in Photoshop - it would still need a consistent drawing style otherwise there will be breaks in the images despite the beam of light - it needs to be completely consistent or not at all

This one works - the style is consistent


This one still works but I don't feel it is as cohesive as the previous one - it has less visual impact - I want to keep adapting my drawing style but this idea limits me

I really like the aesthetics of these test pieces - happy accident? trying to show light and dark - transparent layers - cut outs

No comments:

Post a Comment