15/03/2014

Developing Illustrator skills - finding an aesthetic


I think that for now I need to stop thinking about my rough ideas and focus on getting to grips with the software, I have tried to create a 3D block of colour (maybe could be used later as a building) and have used the Perspective Grid tool to guide me with the perspective and angles. The colours I am using complement each other well - reminds me of a big chip - new york initial idea about fast food skyscrapers. i used the gradient tool to add a change form light to dark - gives it added depth


Using the grain effect has given the work the soft and airy visual quality I was after - want to create a sense of space and light


Teaching myself how to use the software has given me a new way of working and as a result I am having second thoughts about my ideas for the postcards - I don't feel as if the idea including Godzilla is ever going to work - doesn't really meet brief requirements - I think that now I have established a visual quality I can use it to link the work together and not so much a character or subject matter - each set of imagery can just be my favourite piece architecture or common from each city- simple idea so needs to be executed well - need to make more angular and geometric drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment