07/03/2014

Initial Ideas and Roughs

I have been looking at theme that can run through the four postcards and tie them all together as a set, one way to do this could be through the inclusion of a character that appears in each - Godzilla - portrayed as exploring the world by disguising himself as famous landmarks - could take form of Christ the redeemer, Statue of Liberty but having trouble linking him to other cities - maybe change cities? Sydney Opera House? Is it bad that the theme has to dictate what cities I choose? limiting myself?



Recreating objects using relevant imagery - burger torch - fast food new york skyscrapers
one thing that was highlighted during the group crit for this body of work was that the drawings I have done so far are going to be digitally interpreted and therefore the quality of line, consideration of shape and spacing have all been affected. My work is a lot more paired back and simplified than usual - allows me to clearly visualise the basic information. It was made clear to me that I need to get working on a computer as soon as possible in order to further visualise and understand how my drawing will be affected by Illustrator which I am very inexperienced in using




Highlight a colour to tie in themes? Maybe each city could be done in the same style of working but each could have its own prominent colour - yellow for NYC, red for London - but once again finding it hard to find a dominant colour in other landmarks that instantly communicates the place


Birds eye view? - focus in on something small? how minimal can I go? One of the problems with idea generation like this is the amount of detail i am including by hand - the quality of the lines and overall aesthetic quality will be different in illustrator - just need to focus on content for now rather than visual details

No comments:

Post a Comment