16/03/2014

Continued drafting/finalising ideas

In light of what I have learnt and the way I am happy working in Illustrator, I have gone back to drafting more ideas. I am now set on London, New york, Cairo and Rio de Janeiro as I feel the visual key elements and monuments from each will lend themselves well to geometric pattern and shape. Using clean lines and sharp edges will also be a lot easier and less time consuming.


Geometric pattern - almost like tiles will make up a series of very graphical looking pyramids in Cairo, London will focus around a double decker bus passing by Big Ben - I am not going to be too true to life and represent exact building locations - just the key visual elements like a clock on a tall block building - simplistic and clean


New York will show a gridlocked street in new york covered in yellow cabs 


Rio de Janeiro will be one of the most complex despite my limited use of shape, it will be a very angular reinterpretation of Christ the Redeemer, looking out upon the city

No comments:

Post a Comment