28/04/2014

Persons of Note - Reworking/Finalising


I have muted the blue, making it less saturated. This gives the image a much calmer feeling, the background is no longer being used because it blends too much into the face and nothing stands out. During the final crit I was told that the colours could be changed to reflect my earlier drawings and experimentation, apparently that would reflect Gandhi's colourful life, but I like the simple palette I currently have, it would be very difficult to match and adjust a range of colours with all of the layers I am using, since I am already alternating the tones and value of each. I am cutting and applying new areas of texture to add more detail and depth.



Highlights and shadows - giving him a more 3D appearance





Proposed new poster idea - giving away only flip flop illustrates the  'compassionate in creative ways' story about when Gandhi was on a train - using same style of digital collage

No comments:

Post a Comment